Thursday, August 17, 2006

Travelogue Ends – The Flying Dutch Trainee

Upon asking and this time insisting on an aisle seat, I was given one – but in emergency exit row. Little more leg room – I looked at the positive side and made myself comfortable. I was soon joined by a very enthusiastic Dutch man who was going to India. Vacation? No, home. You? For training. Er, what? Training. What kind of training? Computer training. Really, that’s interesting.

He was a software professional and was interested in learning something which would further his position in his current company. The course in the US was cancelled and he was asked if he would be interested in a course conducted in Mumbai…. Good Hotel with breakfast and dinner included, personal attention and coaching – what more could he have asked for – said he. We then talked about schooling in Holland, his English proficiency, my English proficiency, schooling in India, IT industry and such. He was surprised, I had to fill in an immigration form – when I go back to Holland, I will not have to fill anything – he asserted Tavleen Singh style. I shrugged. Like a good host, I explained him what happens once we get off the plane and he shared some of his Dutch crossword books and mints with me. I hope he found the training useful.


No comments: