Friday, June 23, 2006

Travelogue 4 – Meeting S, N and T

Since the last time I met S and N, T has been added to the family. The one and a half year old was excited to meet an unknown face called “uncle”. He showed me sun, shadows, introduced me to his toy animals, and we also played a very exciting game where I would lay the toy animals on the sofa and he would throw them on the carpet with much excitement. Not sure, who entertained whom, but T was very happy!

On my way to S’ home, I took the NJTransit in rush hour. And was it crowded! Well, it was not as crowded as the 6:18 Kasara fast, but perhaps it was crowded enough to qualify as 8:11 Ambernath fast at Dadar. People were standing close to each other and making way for those who wanted to get down at intermediate stations.

I heard stories like it takes me 2 hours to reach office – 20 minutes drive into Trenton, almost an hour to New York, and 20 more minutes from there…but I digress. S used to stay in a swanky apartment overlooking Hudson. He gave that up so that finally life would be more like America and less like Mumbai. That gives N and T a large apartment complex neighborhood and an opportunity to ride the tricycle!

On my way back, S dropped me. He was in a mood to talk, and me in a mood to sleep. The jet lag was finally getting me. The nice guy that S is, he let me sleep in the car and only woke me up when the directions became confusing. We did not want to get lost in the middle of the night! We bid farewell with a promise to be in touch more regularly.

No comments: